Tuesday, September 9, 2008

AP Biology Fun-- blood pressure




Hey Look!

Today my AP biology class learned how to take blood pressure. Fun times.

Today I remembered why I teach here. I was visited by two students who graduated last year. They are both incredible students and dear friends of mine. One of them sat and we talked for 45 minutes. The only reason we stopped was because I had a class come in I needed to teach.

We talked about everything. Our eyes teared up as we remembered all the great times and how much we understood each other and how well we know each other. As she left and I turned my attention to my Juniors I realized that is why I am here. I am priviledged to teach students for multiple years. I become someone dear to their lives. Someone who is a friend and yet always and forever...Mrs. Slade.

Money can not buy something like that. So, when I think of all the money and benefits I am "missing out" on I remember...sometimes other things are worth so much more. Like family. Meridian is like family to me. I am here and plan on staying. Thanks wonderful students and family.

No comments: