Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Earth time Line





O.k. I admit. I do not enjoy teaching the time periods of Earth's history. I am not sure other than it always turns out rather boring to me and it seems to my students also since they doze much more often than normal.

So, few years back I decided to try a different method. I give each student a time period to learn about. The next day I have them draw a depiction of their time line...with the amount of space they get proportional to the amount of time it lasted. This helps them stay awake and helps them at least learn one of the time periods in great detail.

The last day I have each student stand in front of their time period and teach the class about what happened. And then...we hang it up for all to see. So awesome. And me? Well I get to take pictures and then blog the entire thing to share with others.

1 comment:

Lily said...

That was fun, and the times where more interesting then you would think.
The artwork was really pretty.